Saturday, October 31, 2009

It's been a while....

As I'm anxiously awaiting the Arsenal game to start I decided I could write a little.

I hope there are people reading my posts out there but more than anything I find writing almost therapuetic. There are days when the words come easy and I ramble and then there are days like today where I don't know where to direct my thoughts.

I've had good days and bad days just like anybody else. I've learned to take it all in stride and keep emotions in check.

Futbol has been frustrating lately. My hip flexor was pulled and I continued to train with hopes of expediting improvement and instead I damaged it further. I've had this injury numerous times but never has it taken so long to heal. I haven't been on the pitch for about 2 wks. I'm sure this will be a recurring injury for the rest of my life which is dissapointing but I'm glad I decided to take this time to rest it instead of playing at half speed. So, in the meantime I'm working on keeping my fitness up so that when I have the opportunity to play I'll be ready.

The weather has been beautiful. I went to Alicante on a whim a couple days ago and returned yesterday. It really rejuvenated me and I'm so glad I made the trip. Photos are on my facebook.

And thats about all the news I have. I've been going out with some people at night lately but just can't keep up with them. I've bailed a lot because the night starts at midnight in Spain. Last night for instance we were going to the Discoteca at 12:30 and my body and mind just can't keep that schedule so I cancelled.

Excited to see family this month! It can get a little loney and I'm really looking forward to it. Talk to you all soon.

1 comment:

  1. Glad you updated. I'm going to look at the pictures now. I hope your hip is better soon. I can imagine how frusting it is for you.
    Went to the play "Wicked" last night, Halloween. Teresa invited Jill and me to go with her and Jodie. The tickets were 6th row centre. It was amazing...we all loved it. It was good to change our tradition. As always, we missed Megan from deep in our hearts, and toasted her at dinner. So many great memories. Do they celebrate Halloween in Spain. Love You, Mom

    ReplyDelete