Tuesday, October 6, 2009

I watched Bowling for Columbine today and as much as Michael Moore angers me, I kinda liked the movie. My thoughts have always been that there really is no need for guns but there are many people that have grown up in a different culture emphasizing protecting one's life, liberty, and property without relying on the government whatsover. So, with restrictions, I was fine with people boasting about the ability to excercise a right. For some reason that movie personalized the affects of guns for me in a way that I haven't experienced. Seeing the people gun murders have affected, other than the person shot obviously, was dramatic and while my life may not have been directly affected by guns, it is not fair that millions of people suffer irreperable damage so that nra members can flaunt their 2nd amendment. Another hesitation I had was, of course, our changing of the Constitution. But I think that the second amendment was written for a time when slavery was accepted as well. Maybe we should have abolished both.


On another note I am very against all of Moore's accusations of media and government. Its a broken record and nobody liked the song in the first place.

Then today I met up with Mattias before training, a friend I haven't seen in a while. It was at a cafe where his wife works next to the field so it was very convenient. Spent a couple hours with him. He's a great guy and is always offering help and i dont just mean advice but he continually is willing to dedicate time to help me. Not a whole lot of people here that sacrifice their time to help other people. His wife and baby are awesome as well. He speaks english too so that helps. He lived in NC for a long time. And now he's banned from the U.S. for five years but thats a different story. Actually, he helped his brother across the border illegally and served a couple months in jail. He was in the U.S. army and loves his country so its a shame. He's always praising the United States and says that its his home and he cant wait to return. If anybody reading this has any legal advice on how he could expedite his return I would really appreciate it and I of course he would too. He has three years left before he is allowed to return.
Then, training tonight was good. I was feeling really well and thinked I showed well. Wish I could start scoring more but every game I get closer and I'm finding more and more opportunities in practice so I'm optimistic. Rode my bike home in the gorgeous temperature. 10:00 and its like 75 degrees. Took a pic of my daily ride if your interested:

GOODNIGHT!

No comments:

Post a Comment