Saturday, July 25, 2009

Wow its been over a week since i last blogged. what an awful term.
its been hectic. im playing with 2 teams but i should clarify i dont have a spot with either. in the mornings i play with the team alboraya. its a juvenil team so theyre all around 16 yrs old but these kids can really play. Some just dont have enough strength yet but they really know soccer. The game is so much different out here. Everything is perfectly technically. The game just flows much better than in the U.S. I play with this team from 9:30- 11:30 monday-thursday. Its in Puzol a pueblo and there is nothing to stop the insane heat. Yesterday it was around 44 degrees c but fortunately they have a pool that we all go to after playing. Then, me and Ariel will go to a bar where ill get my usual Horchata. Then we come back, he cooks la comida, and then we sleep. Then i wake up around 5 to get ready for soccer at night which is infinitely more demanding than the soccer in the morning. These guys are all around 23. Not only can they play but they are quicker and stronger than any team ive played with. I do that from 8-10 and then take the metro home. I usually get back around 11:30 and have to wake up at 7:00 so the midday siesta is really helpful.
Last night we went to the plaza de torros! check out pics from that on facebook. That was definitly something interesting. Then we hit up a few bars after and then came back and slept. Its unbelievable how many people are awake at insane hours here. The bull thing started at 11 and went till 1. After is when all the people go out. We went back to the house at 3 and thats when the majority of the people started arriving.
Today Ariel and I went to a couple music stores where I bought some music and then found the only book store in Valencia with any english books. Now were gonna eat soon and im typing this while im waiting for pictures to load on facebook.
Tonight i have a game with San Marcelino- the team at night. its the first preseason game and i think im ready. My legs are really tight from playin all week but they usually loosen up pretty quickly when i get playing.
Hope all is well with everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, except for the bull stuff. It really looks like Spain?? Hope you have a blast playing your first game, can't wait to hear about it! Love U!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I spent last week up at Victoria Beach and was surprised to find out that you had left the country. Trevor claims he knew, but me....I was clueless. I'm happy to at least be able to read your blog now(I don't have a facebook account, so I'm missing out on all the pics). You'll be in our thoughts...........Megan

    ReplyDelete