Sunday, July 5, 2009

Yesterday

Well yesterday was intersting. The bartender from the discoteca is a really cool guy. He lives around here so i always see him and and we always talk and all. He said he wanted to help me buy a phone here. well we went and all that- by the way i never mentioned my religious affiliation due to the mass amounts of Arabic paraphanelia in his car. We buy the phone and a card for it and everything so its all good to go but i forgot my passport so he had to put it under his name-no problem. come back to the house and ask ariel to help me change the name the phone is under cuz i couldnt understand the spanish. He asks where this guy is from and I say Morracco. He was not happy. Apparently if your Jewish or American-heaven forbid a combination of the two- under no circumstances do you interact with Morraccans or Algerians. The racism out here is unbelievable. And it actually has more power than in the States cuz in the US im not scared when i interact with foreigners but here, Ariel made me fear for my life if i talk with Muslims. He said we're throwing the phone away and getting a new one. I dont know. Im not sold. The guys name is Somi and he's tight. I understand that his friends may not be cool with me even if he is but i dont know. Thought i had finally made a friend! Theres two things that i believe in that are currently conflicting. One: I will never discriminate based on race and creed. Two: I will always be proud of being Jewish and will not hide it. I didnt think this situation would arise but i dont know how to honor both beliefs. Well besides that my day was really good. Today I went for a run to the beach in the morning and now me and Ariel have been hangin out at his girlfriends bar. Oh and im gettin all my music from itunes right now so if you guys readin have any new music suggestions send them this way. Thanks for readin and update me on what happen in the 303!

No comments:

Post a Comment