Friday, July 10, 2009

TGIF!

Happy Friday everybody. been a long couple of days. yesterday i woke up late and decided to go to a soccer stadium in the town of Puzol. after an easy ride on the metro (subway that is partially above ground) i found myself in the town of Rafelbunyo. That was the closest I could get to Puzol and the map sure made it look close. Of course I had never heard of either towns and learned that they were both very poor pueblos. there is no bus system so I decided I could walk it. Turned into around a 4 hr walk one way- at hour three I knew what I had gotten myself into but decided that it was too late to turn back. The way back I tried to hitchhike but I must have looked really strong and intimidating so nobody picked me up. Got home late but had a good dinner cooked by Ariel.

Today I got up at 8, walked to the rec center, and worked out for 2 hrs. Then came back and kicked the soccer ball against the wall trying to get it off the half bounce, no bounce, etc. After I spoke with the parents for like 2 hours which was good. Found out all about Jill's exciting adventures in Canada! Ask her about them. I actually didnt talk to her cuz it was 5 a.m. denver time and she was trying to sleep with mom and dad in her room. But it sounded like she had fun. Had a variation of Paella-national dish- for lunch which was made my Ariel. I love that he loves the cooking. He, and the Spanish people in general, have strong wills and he insisted that I not drink water while and eat and sleep immediately after as to help my digestion. went downtown. checked out the famous train station cuz im thinking of takin a couple days in Alicante next week to look at teams down there. Now im finally going to get my hair cut at one of the hundred Peluqueras on this block. Tomorrow is gonna be hot and sunny so im definitly spendin the majority of the day at the playa. Hope all is well. Talk to everybody soon.

P.S. I have political commentary on the way. Cafe con leche is easy to say so i order it a lot. The combination of coffee and a book get my mind going.

1 comment: